Re: maintenance

On Sat, Jan 19, 2008 at 04:01:34PM +0200, F Wolff wrote:
> Op Saterdag 2008-01-19 skryf Gil Forcada:
> > Yesterday I did some cleaning in lots of configure.in (yes there are
> > still modules with this, don't know how maintainers life with that
> > pain :) and LINGUAS files
> >
> > since I added lots of languages codes and so on, check your language in
> > damned-lies and don't blame me if is something missing :P
> >
> > I filed some bugs against modules that doesn't have proper MAINTAINERS
> > file and one bug against gettext:
> > https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?22050
> >
> > don't know if is really a gettext bug, anyone?
> >
> > cheers,
> >

> I agree with Bruno's comments in the bug - this is a translator's
> mistake. The message "There are 3 tabs open" can not be represented
> without the variable. Therefore the variable must be present.

It can be, for example in Arabic we omit the number for 0, 1 and 2
cases, we are doing this all the time and gettext is happy with it.

If I understand correctly, this isn't what the bug is complaining of,
but for languages that has no plural forms and use the same translation
for singular and plural.

--
 Khaled Hosny