Proposal for a new Icelandic Translation Team

A number of active icelandic translators are
now working on a new translation of the newest
Ubuntu release named Hardy Heron.

We held a translation party for a whole
weekend in the middle of february, and another
will be held during the next weekend.

We have one problem, and that is getting in
touch with the icelandic Gnome translation
team.

It seems that the last team activity on this
list was in 2003.

The team was founded in 2002:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2002-December/msg00097.html

The team seems to have died in:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2003-October/msg00340.html

Since then, there has been no activity.
Any attempts at contacting the team has been utterly futile.

The visibility and activity of the icelandic
translation team needs to be better.

The translation of the GIMP package is my
responsibility. For maximum efficiency, I need to
coordinate the translations with the GIMP project.

Besides, there are many other icelandic translations
of Gnome packages, that can benefit from improved
coordination of this work.

Please consider removing the present translation team
from the page of translation teams:
http://l10n.gnome.org/teams/

In case the previous team is removed:

Announcement of a new team:

Team Leader: Anna Jonna Armannsdottir
Email: <annaj at hi dot is>

Other members will be announced.

The homepage of the icelandic translations is:
http://www.rglug.org/wiki/index.php/%C3%9E%C3%BD%C3%B0ingarlisti_RGLUG

--
Kindest Regards, Anna Jonna Ármannsdóttir,       %&   A: Because people read from top to bottom.
Unix System Aministration, Computing Services,   %&   Q: Why is top posting bad?