Re: Rethinking "Supported language"

> Please stop flaming and wasting other's time and reach consensus. So far
> I've counted a few people agreeing with my proposal, and a bunch of people
> flaming about stuff only peripherally related to my proposal.

 I don't see that people are only discussing things are are only
peripherally related. You said:

> since the intended audience for localized desktop does not
> match the intended audience for the modules in the Developer Tools
> suite.

And people have been discussing to how high a degree they think that
is true. Also you said:

>   - However, there should be a lower priority for modules in the Development
>     Tools suite than for Desktop and Developer Platform modules, since
>     they're less visible to users.

which includes the same assumption as above which is being discussed.
Furthermore some people have replied, just as a information, that it
is still possible to give it a lower priority on your team without
changing the "supported languages"-procedure.

>   - The '80% rule of thumb' should not take the development tools into
>     account, since the intended audience for localized desktop does not
>     match the intended audience for the modules in the Developer Tools
>     suite.

Personally I wouldn't mind making a more elaborate measure that simply
the percentage. So that you could assign weights to different modules.
But I think that simply removing it is a unnecessary "quick and
dirty"-fix to something which is essentially a start up problem.

Regards Kenneth