Re: String additions to 'gnome-panel.HEAD'

Hi Matthias,

Today at 16:41, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> Gosh, don't we have more important things to do than fight over 4 (!)
> irrelevant strings ?

Since out of all contributors, GNOME translators are the ones most
affected by string freeze breakages (i.e. you think you're done with
something and then every developer introduces "just a few strings",
causing work for hundreds of translators), GNOME has decided to let
them decide on this themselves.  Please respect your fellow GNOME
contributors: they want to see GNOME grow and improve as much as you
do!

And unless translations were already at 100%, translators would be
unable to tell which modules they need to update and which have had
new "unimportant" strings added.

If this was indeed considered critical, following a procedure of
convincing two GTP Coordinator Team members that it is so should not
be too much of a burden.  Nobody is irrational here, but the
developers are asked to go through the burden of explaining the
reasons and pushing for a fix.

I have so far not yet understood why is this a critical fix.  It's
probably because I don't know what do the "tiles" represent in the
clock applet.  Also, if they can indeed stay untranslated, easy
alternative is to unmark them (i.e. remove gettext calls on them).

Cheers,
Danilo