Re: How much should I translate for release?

Le dimanche 10 février 2008 à 02:19 -0800, Zabeeh khan a écrit :
> >>if you mean to be listed in GNOME releases notes you have to
> translate 80% of the UI
>
> I don't know what release notes are. I just meant that what are the
> minimum requirements of translation so that I can use GNOME in
> Pashto... That in the next release of GNOME Pashto is also listed at
> the languages list of GNOME?
>
> BTW What are release notes?

Each translation you and your team have made will be in the next
release. But in order to get officially supported by GNOME (and appear
in the credits of the release notes
http://www.gnome.org/start/2.20/notes/en/index.html#rni18 ), you must
have translated 80% of the string. Your language will be partially
supported when more than 50% of the strings are translated. (See
http://www.gnome.org/i18n/ ).
But don't focus on quantity, always focus on quality.

Bob