Re: Needed description for translation (Nautilus.HEAD)

Den 19. aug. 2008 14.07 skrev shankar prasad <prasad mvs gmail com>:
Hi,
I just noticed following entry in nautilus.HEAD (kbabel entry no.814): "MIME type description (MIME type)|%s (%s)"

It has got "pipe" in between. Should I retain whole thing in msgstr?
According to our earlier practices, the content after the "|" supposed to be omitted. What should be done here?

Can any one through some light on this?

Thanks in advance

If it is a context use of the pipe character it shuould say so in the string comment, that being said the developers may have forgotten it. Anyway, if you are in doubt it is very likely that other people will be as well (I would also be in doubt) so you should just go right ahead and make a bugreport[1] on this and ask the developers to explain and to include a comment in the po-file. Remember to give the bugreport the I18N tag.

Regards Kenneth Nielsen

[1] http://bugzilla.gnome.org/