Re: String changes in Evolution

Matthew Barnes <mbarnes redhat com>, Mon, 04 Aug 2008 15:11:23 -0400:

> On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 20:07 +0200, Petr Kovar wrote:
> > Also, I'd like to point out that (quoting my own MsgctxtMigration
> > comment) as of Aug 2008, Poedit, likely being used by many GNOME
> > translators, doesn't have UI support for displaying msgctxt (in any
> > form) yet, i.e. translator can't be aware of msgctxt lines being used
> > in a template/catalog. This should be taken in account when preparing
> > for migration.
>
> I can always revert the code back to Q_() macros if the infrastructure
> isn't in place yet.  Just say the word.

Thanks for your reply! Speaking for myself, I'd prefer to wait until Poedit
can support the change. Just because of software; I don't know whether the
fact that the migration is still a proposal only really matters in relation
to Evolution.

But surely other voices should be heard, too. I don't intend
to be solely anti-progress in any case. :-)

Best,
Petr Kovar