Re: New translations

Le vendredi 21 septembre 2007 �0:21 +0500, Nurali Abdurahmonov a
�it :
> Hi all,
>
> I'm new coordinator of uzbek team.

Nurali, at last you got it :-) Congratulations!

>  today I added translation t gnome-panel modul. Anybybody can check
> this modul for errors? I edited ChangleLog and add "uz cyrillic"
> string to LINGUAS. All changes I made in /po directory. Is this
> enough

Your commit sounds good. Maybe you should still complete the copyright
headers of your files:
# Copyright (C) YEAR THE PACKAGE'S COPYRIGHT HOLDER
# This file is distributed under the same license as the PACKAGE package.

...replacing what is written in uppercase with the real values.

> And in uzbek now we use cyrillic and latin script. Noew I added only
> cyrillik translation. Where can I add latin translation.

Seems you already found out.

> And last question. I saw there is trunk and branch for all modules in
> svn server. Where I must work, in trunk or in branches?

This depends on what you want to do. By example, on the GNOME 2.20 page
[1], you can see if modules have already branched by looking at the
downbload links of po/pot files (HEAD=trunk, branch-2-??=branch). As
long as the stable release has releases ahead, according to release
planning [2], it's worth committing both in branch and in trunk.

Now you have to establish a strategy: either you always commit both in
stable branch and in trunk, or you can choose to only commit in stable
until a particular date when you decide to work in trunk for the new
development release. With this second strategy, you'll want to merge
files from branch to trunk with a command like 'msgmerge branch.po
trunk.pot > newfilefortrunk.po'.

Hope it's clear enough :-/

Claude

[1] http://l10n.gnome.org/languages/uz cyrillic/gnome-2-20