Re: Unreadable strings in evolution

On 09/09/2007, at 10:32 PM, Kenneth Nielsen wrote:

2007/9/9, Manuel Borchers <manuel matronix de>:
Hi Kenneth,

Am Sonntag, den 09.09.2007, 13:47 +0200 schrieb Kenneth Nielsen:
> #: ../ui/evolution-mail-message.xml.h:89
> msgid "Search Folder from Sen_der..."

I think here is meant the functionality "search folder". Those are the
special folders below your normal folders that will find messages in
(all or a selection of) your normal folders meeting special criteria and collect those in the "search folders". "from Sender" would mean creating
a new folder using the sender information (I guess it's used in a
context menu when right-clicking on a message in your normal folders).

Kenneth then wrote:

Thanks Manuel
Ah yes, I knew about the search folders but didn't find strings before now. They are used in a right-click menu saying "Create rule from message" and the submenu "Search folder from subject". I still don't think it is good English but maybe it can be defended because it needs to be kept short for the menus.

Still, "based on subject" isn't much longer than "from subject", and is much easier to understand. What do you think?