Re: Start translating

El mar, 06-11-2007 a las 10:15 +0700, Joakim Lagerqvist escribi� Hi everybody,

> I would like to start translating gnome into Lao language which I
> believe has not been made yet.

It seems like there is a (inactive) Lao team:

http://l10n.gnome.org/teams/lo

> As a start, I would like to focus on translating menus of the desktop
> environment and the most common used programs. Could anyone here point
> me into the right direction when it comes to documentation on to proceed
> with this and perhaps tools and recommendations.

A good start would be to contact the current Lao coordinator (listed in
that page).

There's also a bit of info (probably outdated, so take it with a grain
of salt) in this page:

http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/translate-gnome/index.html

Other translators can give you more extensive help :-)

Greetings,

Claudio

--
Claudio Saavedra <csaavedra alumnos utalca cl>