Re: dzongkha on Windows?

Hi Xavi,

There was work carried out for 4 years (200-2004) to add Dzongkha support in Microsoft. There was also a message ID assigned by Microsoft for the Dzongkha Language. However it was later revoked due to unknown reason. During the 4 years of work, I believe our people from Dzongkha Development Commission with the help of Orient Foundation submitted locale, fonts, sorting rules to Microsoft which were not included as indicated in windows vista.

The right person who is more knowledgeable in this issue is Mr. Chris Fynn <cfynn gmax net>. For some reason, Microsoft failed to support Dzongkha language after our people put in huge amount of effort towards that and also after spending lots of money on that project.

However, I was not involved in that project as I was in my college doing my under graduate during that time. It came to my notice after I joined the Department of Information Technology and we had not been able to pursue it with the Microsoft.

Hope this provides an insight to this.

Many Thanks
Pema Geyleg
DIT, MoIC