Re: Problem with translating gnome-panel

У Аўт, 20/03/2007 у 19:54 +0430, Khalid Ameery піша:
> Hello,
>
> When I am trying to translate the gnome-panel to Pushto language it says:
> "Rosetta can’t handle the plural items in this file, because it doesn’t
> yet know how plural forms work for Pushto."
> Can any one help me regarding this problem.
> The same problem is with some other packages.
>
> Regards,

Every language have its rules on changing frazes and/or word forms
depending on the number of items: f.e. in Belarusian we have
"Ёсць X прадмет" for X=1, 21, 31, 41...101, 111...and so on
"Ёсць X прадметы" for X=2,3,4...22, 23, 24...32, 33, 34...and so on
"Ёсць 10 прадметаў" for other numbers.
Maybe your language also has some kind of rules and .po translations let
you define your plural form rules. The exact format should be described
in "gettext" documentation.

Regards.