Re: POTFILES errors on status pages

Hi Clytie,

Glad to have you back in GNOME Translation waters,

Today at 16:00, Clytie Siddall wrote:

> Another status page query. ;)
>
> The warning icons on the l10n status pages about files missing or
> incorrect in POTFILES puzzle me. There's nothing I, as a translator,
> can do to fix that problem.

You usually can't do anything about them.

> So should those warnings be displayed on our l10n status pages at all?
>
> Is there a reason why they are shown to us?

I think they are worthwhile because they sometimes indicate that a PO
file might not be fully updated (even during the string freeze), or
that it was not even regenerated for a while (when the stats would be
old).

> [1]
> Do you want us to gang up on the developers and throw rotten tomatoes
> at them until they fix the problem? :D

That's another of the points: you go to the module page, follow the
'file a bug' link, and file a bug :)

Cheers,
Danilo