POTFILES errors on status pages

Hi everyone :)

Another status page query. ;)

The warning icons on the l10n status pages about files missing or incorrect in POTFILES puzzle me. There's nothing I, as a translator, can do to fix that problem.

So should those warnings be displayed on our l10n status pages at all?

Is there a reason why they are shown to us?

[1]
Do you want us to gang up on the developers and throw rotten tomatoes at them until they fix the problem? :D

[1] Warning: Extremely Silly Suggestion.