Re: Formatting lists of things

2007-06-22 klockan 17:23 skrev Shaun McCance:
> I've run into a localization issue in formatting DocBook,
> and I need some input from translators to decide how best
> to solve it.  Let's say I have a list of people's names.
> There could be any number of people.  I need to format
> this as inline text.  So in English, I'd do:
>
>   Tom and Dick
>   Tom, Dick, and Harry
>   Tom, Dick, Harry, and Sally

Dutch (both nl_NL and nl_BE) practice is to omit the last comma. Your
example as they would be written in Dutch:

  Tom and Dick
  Tom, Dick and Harry
  Tom, Dick, Harry and Sally

Hope this helps.

  mvrgr, Wouter

--
:wq                                                       mail uws xs4all nl
                                                      web http://uwstopia.nl

laat toch eens die god los :: het is zonde van de tijd              -- monza