Re: Using a compendium with gettext

On So, 2007-01-28 at 17:07 +0100, Ole Laursen wrote:

> Another thing we perhaps could use the compendium for is checking
> consistency, that the same string is translated in the same manner,
> but it's not clear exactly how. And of course, because of context,
> sometimes variations are desirable.

To achieve this, you might be interested in poconflict [1] from the
translate toolkit [2]. It can also work over a whole directory of PO
files and find the conflicting translations. It filters them out for
review, and can then merge back the ones that you kept and changed.

1 http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/toolkit/poconflict
2 http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/toolkit/index