Rhythmbox has branched for 0.10 (was Re: Upcoming Rhythmbox release)

Hi everyone,

Rhythmbox has finally started to sync back up with the Gnome release
cycle, and has branched for a stable series. The SVN branch is called
"RHYTHMBOX-0_10" (under the usual "branches" directory). If there's
anything else I need to tell everyone, please let me know (and CC me).

As mentioned below, the branch is basically string frozen.

On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 14:51 +0100, Danilo Šegan wrote:
> Today at 14:10, James Livingston wrote:
> > I'm planning to cut a new release of Rhythmbox this weekend, so if
> > anyone has any updated translations not yet in cvs, getting them in to
> > cvs in the next couple of days would be much appreciated.
>
> Hopefully, this also means a string freeze is in effect for Rhythmbox?

Basically. One exception we know we'll need is to add a new string for
an error message required to fix a nasty bug, but the 0.10 series can be
considered pretty much string-frozen.

If we do need to add/modify a string, I'm not quite sure on the protocol
for apps that aren't part of the Gnome desktop. Would it be better to
send an email to the gnome-i18n list when I change it (and if possible
give an idea of the time to the next release), or just note any string
freeze breaks in the mail a week or so before a release I send to give
advance notice of the release?

Please keep me CC'd on any replies, as I'm not subscribed to the list.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
The problem with eating a high-fibre diet is that, before you know it,
your lower bowel will have attracted a whole mass of backhoes. -- Tanuki