Re: PO files are not updated automatically in SVN

On 8/15/07, 杨章 <zyangmath gmail com> wrote:
> Thanks so much. I have got the point now. The standard way should be co the
> whole source tree while for these don't want to check out the whole tree
> damned lies can be utilized. Maybe having some scripts auto-update the whole
> po directory should be really time consuming.

Auto-updating with scripts directly in the repository is a dangerous
thing, since it causes conflicts (you check out a file to work on it,
then the script would update it in the mean time, and then you would
have a conflict when you commit your work back to the repository).
Such conflicts are both a waste of time and time consuming to resolve,
so this is not the way it's done in the GNOME repository. Instead, you
have Damned Lies, from which you can always get a fresh po file to
start your work on, if you do not want to run intltool-update
yourself.