Re: Strings with context wrongly translated in gtk+ and epiphany

På Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 01:19:42AM +0800, Abel Cheung skrev:
> On 9/13/06, David Lodge <dave cirt net> wrote:
> > This does lead to an interesting question though. gok has a selection of
> > strings for extra characters on the keyboard, which may or may not exist,
> > these are given a context. Translation of the first few levels is easy, as
> > this is the normal lower case, upper case, symbols etc., but gok provides
> > two extra levels (with a context) to allow extra characters. For en_GB
> > this means that whence the context is removed the strings are empty.
> >
> > So I'm now getting "untranslated" strings on gok. (well only one as I
> > added the Euro symbol to level2 :-) Any idea of how these strings should
> > be translated?
>
> That depends on how gok handles it. If transating it into anything
> would adversely affect gok's behavior, I'd suggest not translating it.

When the msgid is "some prefix|" without an actual string, the translated
msgstr becomes "" if no content is needed (see the translator comments in
the gok .po files). Although "" is correct, this counts as "untranslated"
for msgfmt/intlook/i18n-status, etc. This _is_ a problem.

  mvrgr, Wouter

--
:wq                                                       mail uws xs4all nl
                                                      web http://uwstopia.nl

i'm the girl :: i'm the girl :: you know me                  -- heather nova