Re: Translation QA tool

O/H Francisco Javier F. Serrador έγραψε:
> I do not see any Quality Assurance metric in this tool. Could you tell
> us if your tool can do a TQI

I have no idea how a TQI is done and I'm pretty sure nor does Gintautas. Not
even Wikipedia or Google "define:" have it defined. You don't need to answer this.

> at least or if it supports some natural
> language checking artifact?

I believe that the current approach, ie. a translator (human) checking
suggestions of users (human) one-by-one, produces results of magnitudes of
higher quality than what anything involving natural language checking algorithms
could produce.

The fact that the tool is not novel, scalable nor automatic (or even
semi-automatic) does not mean that it doesn't increase the quality of the
translations. OK, it doesn't *assure* them, but no tool does that either.
Besides, the guy said in the opening paragraph that the tool was *simple*.

Stop Energy [1] is bad.

[1]: http://www.userland.com/whatIsStopEnergy

> El dom, 03-09-2006 a las 23:22 +0300, Gintautas Miliauskas escribió:
>>
>> I would like to bring to your attention a simple l10n QA tool that
>> makes it very easy to submit l10n suggestions and bug fixes:
>>
>> http://gintas.pov.lt/l10nsuggest

Gintautas, nice tool. Some suggestions:

 * Give the user the opportunity to search all packages for a string: he might
not know in what package the string lives.

 * Support regular expressions in searches.

 * The search might return *many* results, so you could preview them in text
instead of a drop-down form: this way the user could press Ctrl-F and search for
it in the page and click "Suggest". I would prefer a tabular view.

 * You could organize the suggestions & comments for each string in an "editor
page", so you can review them. But I'm sure you already have this in mind.

 * Take a look at the project called `Pootle`.

-dim