Re: Gnome glossary project

El dc 27 de 09 del 2006 a les 16:10 +0930, en/na Clytie Siddall va
escriure:
> On 27/09/2006, at 6:50 AM, Young Joo Pintaske wrote:
>
> > I think I might have lost some part of this email thread, but couldn't
> > locate them in the archive.
> >
> > I saw the Gnome Glossary website:
> > http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/glossary/
> >
> > and noticed an old colleague of mine who used to work in our group as
> > the contact person.
> >
> > I'm not sure how this project originated back then. I'd like to
> > pass on
> > the glossary tool that we use at Sun Globalization:
> > https://g11nportal.sun.com/sungloss
> >
> > It requires user account which you can get immediately. You can find
> > terms (English and translated into about 9-10 languages) for Gnome
> > there
> > and export glossary for your language into a spreadsheet. I'd be happy
> > to get your feedback on them and find a way to collaborate to
> > refine the
> > glossaries.
>
> Young Joo, at Wordforge (Pootle, Translate Toolkit etc.), we are
> currently working on expanding the Gnome glossary, refining both a
> 1000 word and a much larger terminology file, plus an acronym file.
> It will be integrated into the Pootle interface, but will also be
> available from a translation memory server, and for download.

So the glossary will be used as a translation memory, then?

It's important for us to know, in part because there are some verbs to
translate and if this file is just a reference or a glossary, then we'd
translate them as infinitives (i.e. "to open" instead of "open"),
otherwise (ie. if it is a translation memory) we'd keep the imperative
form as in English.

Thanks!

/Josep