Re: The nitty-gritty of migrating to SVN

Ross, thanks very much for your reply. :)

On 17/03/2006, at 11:36 PM, Ross Golder wrote:

You must've missed the other announcement I made recently

Yes, I don't know why. I even searched messages on this list for anything relating to SVN, and only got the old stuff. :S

- we've had to
postpone the migration for now.

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-announce-list/2006-March/ msg00025.html

Oh. Thanks.

Sorry about the confusion.

Confusion I'm used to. ;)

I can't find the original info. page about this in the Gnome wiki, searching by "CVS" or "SVN", so sorry if I'm asking questions about things that have been answered somewhere else.

http://live.gnome.org/Subversion

I searched the wiki for "SVN", which should have brought up that page, but had no results. :( I was specifically looking for that page.

In practice, I have a CVS working copy on my computer. What do I do?

Do I need to checkout the whole working copy again, but this time
using SVN?

Yes. Fresh checkout. At least, I don't know of any other way.

Ouch. LOTs of files. Over 250MB. I could possibly ignore the Gnome 2.12 stuff now... it's all translated. <sigh> Whenever I try to miss things out, or purge them, to save space, I always end up missing something I need.

I've copied this mail to cvsmaster, who may have become svnmaster, but is probably still answering to that address. ;)

Both addresses currently work and direct requests to a request tracker queue for CVS/Subversion issues.

Good idea. ;)

Thankyou very much for any help with this. :) I want to do it right.

So do I. We're just waiting for the base packages (in particular, python) on the GNOME CVS server to be upgraded then we can continue. Unfortunately, we still don't know when this is likely to happen.

That's awkward. :S

I'll keep an eye on the wiki page, now I've bookmarked it emphatically... ;)

Thanks, Ross. :)

from Clytie (vi-VN, Vietnamese free-software translation team / nhÃm Viát hÃa phán mám tá do)