RE: The nitty-gritty of migrating to SVN

> >> In practice, I have a CVS working copy on my computer.
> What do I do?
> >>
> >> Do I need to checkout the whole working copy again, but this time
> >> using SVN?
> >>

> > Yes. Fresh checkout. At least, I don't know of any other way.

Hm, maybe a checkout should be done on a central server and provided via
rsync to the public? This should save the svn server from being overloaded
after the switch has been done, and should give the benefit of only a small
amount of data needing to be transferred to anyone having an up to date cvs
checkout.

Stefan