Re: Some problems

On 3/17/06, Le Floc'h Jérémy <jeremy lefloch gmail com> wrote:
Hello,

i've done some translations one week ago and i don't see any changes in the translations status page : http://l10n-status.gnome.org/index.html

I do uploads like that :
cvs -z3 co module
cd module/po
cvs commit

I don't make anything for a branch, and i don't understand what is a branch...

Think of a branch as in a tree. HEAD is the trunk of it (Mark this _expression_. It will be useful when GNOME migrates to SVN.) and BRANCH_NAME is a label you assign to branch of this tree. A branch is a copy of the trunk of the tree developers use to test new features on a safe environment or something like that. Sometimes they use the branches as the stable version of the files and HEAD is used for developing new features.

They create branches such as 'gnome-2-14' to allow continuing using HEAD to develop their software while we (translators) have the stable branch (here gnome-2-14) to translate.

The command for when you translate a module for which the branch _isn't_ HEAD, is:

cvs -z3 co -r BRANCH_NAME module
cd module/po
cvs commit

Why can i see "breton" here : http://l10n-status.gnome.org/gnome-2.14/index.html
And not here : http://l10n-status.gnome.org/HEAD/index.html ?

You can't see any "breton" section in the latter because no transtalions were commited for the modules listed there. As soon as you commit any tranlations and the translation status page updates you will see such language.

Thanks for your help !

I hope I have really helped.

Raphael Higino