Re: Stripped translations for gnome-user-guide

Hi Nickolay,

Today at 10:57, Nickolay V. Shmyrev wrote:

> Sorry, probably I've missed something, but why gnome-user-docs 2.14
> goes without Russian translation? Of course, it's incomplete, around
> 40 percent of strings were translated in CVS, but some sections were
> translated completely. What was the problem? Italian was included
> but it's also far from complete.

Yeah, I am very sorry to hear this too.  Strip Italian out as well! ;)

Just kidding, but actually, including even half-completed stuff is
essential to translators and users: translators get the satisfaction
of all of their hours of work actually ending up in the distribution
and being seen by users, and users get the benefit of looking at least
part of the documentation in their own language.  If they are bothered
with it not being complete (which will most likely be the case), there
are better chances they might help with translation!

Who should we punch in the face? Brent? ;)

Cheers,
Danilo