Re: Fantasdic, ask for translations

> Ruby is not just a prototyping language. At least, at the performances
> level, I don't see any reason why we should rewrite it in C. Python
> applications are not rewritten in C.

Nobody said that, but it's also true that official GNOME releases
are not going to depend on Ruby anytime soon.  We have just
recently decided to recognize Python apps as first class
citizens, and still have not let Mono in.  So, the C-based
dictionary utility is going to stay with us for a while anyway.
It's also a known fact that Ruby is higher level than C, and
easier to experiment with.

> That said, I want GNOME Dictionary to continue to live too. But
> Fantasdic in itself, as an application, has interesting features that
> may interest some people. That's not just a place to experiment for
> GNOME dictionary.

Definitely.  If it didn't, it would not have been let in in the
first place :).

> Also, I would like to thank the account team for accepting my project.

You are welcome.

--behdad
http://behdad.org/

	-- Dan Bern, "New American Language"