Re: Fantasdic, ask for translations

On Thu, 9 Mar 2006, Danilo Åegan wrote:

> Today at 0:12, Mathieu Blondel wrote:
>
> > The same way you can use a browser to navigate through pages provided
> > by an HTTP server, you can use Fansdic (the client) to query
> > dictionaries provided by a DICT server.
>
> It seems to complement what gnome-utils/gnome-dictionary already does?
> (gnome-dictionary is a DICT client itself)
>
> In what ways does it differ?

Part of the reason that this project was accepted to be hosted in
GNOME CVS was that it's written in Ruby, and we don't have many
Ruby applications at home.  So I think having Fantasdic helps our
Ruby bindings, as well as a gnome-dictionary dup written in a
higher level language that can more easily experiment new
features, that we may want to add to gnome-dictionary later...

> â Danilo

--behdad
http://behdad.org/

	-- Dan Bern, "New American Language"