Re: release notes: first draft

On 10/03/2006, at 10:05 AM, Davyd Madeley wrote:

With Gnome 2.12 we were very successful with translation (24
languages!), but notes were finished two weeks before the release,
and stabilised at least a week before release.  I think it looked
really cool on

This is basically my fault for sucking really badly. I should stop offering to do things, because I suck.

Davyd, you don't have to waste your time insulting yourself. Ask online, and people will insult you for free. :D

Seriously, don't be so hard on yourself. You can't do it all. You put in a lot of effort, and that's valuable.

and it gave an impression of Gnome truly being the international
desktop it is :)

That said, I don't think we had the same amount of focus over the release notes from people with actual English degrees last time. If only we could combine both.

I am going to let Bob and Claus finish up with the editing, but I
will understand if at GUADEC, any translators want to come up and
punch me in the face.

That we might charge for. Sorry, but travel is expensive, and there's always the medical cost when you get a bit carried away and break your knuckles.

from Clytie (vi-VN, Vietnamese free-software translation team / nhÃm Viát hÃa phán mám tá do)