Re: Fantasdic, ask for translations

[copy for the gnome-i18n list]

Danilo Šegan a écrit :

Today at 22:04, Mathieu Blondel wrote:

You'd get best support for your module if it appears on our
translation status pages: you'll have to use intltool in your build
system.

Unfortunately, GNU gettext is not supporting Ruby at the moment, so
neither is intltool. Perhaps you should help get Ruby supported in
GNU gettext :)

However, I run it with Python mode (xgettext -L python), and it seems
to recognize all the strings correctly. So, it probably shouldn't be
too much work to add to GNU gettext, and you might wish to contact
Bruno Haible, GNU gettext maintainer, and I am sure he'd love to help.

Cheers,
Danilo

Hi,

I don't know how the i18n team works yet (please forgive me) but in the po/ directory of my project, there's a Makefile that can build pot files and merge po files with the pot file. It uses rgettext (which is part of the Ruby/Gettext package) for ruby scripts and xgettext for the glade files. There's also a README that explains how to use that Mafefile.

Is it incompatible with the way you work (some kind of automated process) ? One just needs to have rgettext in addition to intltool. If that's not enough standard for you, I can update the po files myself every time new strings appear.

--
Mathieu Blondel
http://www.mblondel.org