Re: gtkhtml string change request.

Today at 16:58, Andre Klapper wrote:

> the meaning of the string will not change at all, so it does not have to
> be translated again.
> if this would get approval, i will also patch all the po files, so no
> action would be required from the translators.

It's still tricky: someone might want to translate it differently
(maybe they also used a bit more offensive language for "lick"
translation).

So, I'd either agree to your proposal (but I'd wait for another
opinion or two of translators: I did count Roozbeh's in ;), or, I'd
suggest simply putting a translators comment that one could use a less
offensive translation, probably even suggesting "tongue".

Of course, the latter solution wouldn't solve it for POSIX users (we
can easily add en_US.po to fix it for Americans, and later remove it
once the proper fix is in place).

> may i do this, or must this be postponed?

If we go with your proposal (to also patch PO files), you'll have to
notify gnome-i18n when you start tinkering with PO files and when you
finish it (so we avoid CVS conflicts).

Anyway, any of the two options I'd consider would almost not affect
translators at all, so I'll wait a couple of days to see if any
translator has a problem with just replacing "Lick" with "Tongue" in
all PO files.

Cheers,
Danilo