Re: Question regarding fuzzy messages in po files

Op Thu, 29 Jun 2006 02:54:58 +0800
schreef "Abel Cheung" <abelcheung gmail com>:

> Hi Shane,
>
> On 6/28/06, Shane Wims <swims novell com> wrote:
> > I have a quick question about fuzzy translations in po files.
> > When po files are compiled to mo files, are the fuzzy
> > translations included or is the source string included instead?
>
> IIRC it depends on the OS. For Linux, the string in source code
> is used, as other say. But for some other gettext implementation,
> say in Solaris, I have the impression that the fuzzy string is
> STILL used.
>
> Abel
Ouch! That would be extremely bad. Fuzzy translations are often
completely wrong. It would be better to have an English string which
nobody can understand than a translated string meaning something
else.

Kind regards,
Vincent