Re: GOK branched?

Elijah Newren wrote:
On 6/11/06, Christian Rose <menthos gnome org> wrote:
On 6/11/06, Josep Puigdemont <josep puigdemont gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The statistics page for G214 still shows branch HEAD for GOK, while
> branch gnome-2-14 seems to exist. Could it be that GOK has [silently?]
> branched for GNOME 2.14?
>
> /Josep

It certainly looks like it. It seems there actually exists a
"gnome-2-14" branch of gok, but, digging through my mail archive, it
seems this branch was never announced to translators nor to any other
of the mailing lists I happen to subscribe to.

Gok maintainers, please remember to *announce* when you create a new
stable branch, as described on http://live.gnome.org/MaintainersCorner
. Otherwise, many other contributors (translators, docs people, etc)
will spend a lot of their time working on the wrong branch.

This looks like one I should have caught.  David was asking us to
learn correct procedure and we apparently forgot to mention this (see
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/release-team/2006-May/msg00025.html and
the other emails in that thread).  Sorry about that.

My apologies.  I should have read MaintainersCorner more carefully.

David