[Fwd: Re: indonesian status page, gnome-2-14, desktop group]

--

salam
-------

Gray's Law of Programming:
`_n+1' trivial tasks are expected to be accomplished in the same
time as `_n' tasks.

Logg's Rebuttal to Gray's Law:
`_n+1' trivial tasks take twice as long as `_n' trivial tasks.

--- Begin Message ---
El sáb, 03-06-2006 a las 11:17 +0700, ahmad riza h nst escribió:
> Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:
> > El lun, 29-05-2006 a las 14:31 +0700, ahmad riza h nst escribió:
> >> hi danilo,
> >

> > Hi dudes!
> >

> > The problem here is that you added the translation to the HEAD
> > repository instead of the gnome-2-12 one.
> >

> no i don't think so carlos (and danilo)...

Please, check the URLs... taking one of the URLs you gave us:

http://cvs.gnome.org/bonsai/cvsquery.cgi?branch=&dir=deskbar-applet&who=rizahnst&date=explicit&mindate=2006-05-15%2002:32&maxdate=2006-05-15%2002:34

There, you see all things, configure.in and the id.po file, but that's
for HEAD.

If you look the gnome-2-14 branch:

http://cvs.gnome.org/bonsai/cvsquery.cgi?branch=gnome-2-14&dir=deskbar-applet&who=rizahnst&date=explicit&mindate=2006-05-15%2002:32&maxdate=2006-05-15%2002:34

You can see that the id.po file is not being added...

[...]

> the po/ChangeLog also logged that i had commited the id.po
> before:
>
> http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/fast-user-switch-applet/po/ChangeLog?rev=1.103.2.12&only_with_tag=gnome-2-14&view=markup
> also for the others two:
> http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnome-screensaver/po/ChangeLog?rev=1.190.2.7&only_with_tag=gnome-2-14&view=markup
> http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/deskbar-applet/po/ChangeLog?rev=1.205.2.16&only_with_tag=gnome-2-14&view=markup
>
> you can see that the deskbar-applet module is oke for
> indonesian translation, but it's get the same problem before
> (for about  24 or 48 hours) then its got fixed.
>
> maybe you can show me where i did the mistake, is it because
> i commit it in the HEAD branch ???

The log says whatever you wrote there, but it doesn't mean that you
committed your id.po file.

>From all things I see there, I guess you forgot to execute the 'cvs add
id.po' command in the gnome-2-14 branch.

Again, please, take a look to what we have in CVS:

http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/fast-user-switch-applet/po/?only_with_tag=gnome-2-14

That branch lacks the id.po file.

If you don't believe it, do a fresh checkout of that branch.

Cheers.

> > As you can see, your translation is not here:
> >
> > http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/fast-user-switch-applet/po/?only_with_tag=gnome-2-14
> >
> >> thank you danilo...
> >>
> >> salam
> >> -------