Re: Conflicting ChangeLogs (was: Re: Documentation: Editing the ChangeLog file with emacs

Hi Clytie,

Today at 8:46, Clytie Siddall wrote:

> Is there any reason why so many ChangeLogs would have major
> conflicts? If so, is there anything we can do to avoid it?

My policy is to leave updating ChangeLog's for the commit time.
I.e. I update the translation, then do "cvs up -Pd" in top-level
module directory, "cd" back to "po" and run "intltool-update sr" (and
if needed, update the translation again ;).

Then, I add a ChangeLog entry (from Emacs: C-x 4 a), and commit it
with "cvs ci". :)

This way, I tend to get conflicts only in the times of string freezes
and release time approaching.

Cheers,
Danilo