Re: Adding translations, time and python

Hi everybody :)

Thanks to Abel and Yavor, I found out that I had to add my language code to the configure.in or configure.ac file in order to add a translation, even if I had "cvs add"ed it before. I really appreciate their advice, which means my work will reach users in my language community.

Today I spent most of my effective translating time doing that add procedure, for the files I'd translated from scratch.

I really would rather spend that time translating, so this is going to put me off starting new translations from now on.

I am deeply grateful to the few developers who evidently saw my "Added Vietnamese translation" message in the ChangeLog and added my language to the configure file themselves. This saves any translator, and especially one as confused and short of mental resources as I, time they can spend in actual translation.

I was unable to add my language to meld, because that program had no configure file. Its directory was mostly full of python scripts: is there a different procedure for python programs?

Thankyou for any advice on this. :)

from Clytie (vi-VN, Vietnamese free-software translation team / nhÃm Viát hÃa phán mám tá do)