Re: New workgroup in Brazil - traduction to Guarani lenguage

Hello, folks.

> And I hope to hear about the gn_BR vs gn issue as well.

I have something to say about this, although the official word will come
from the coordinator.

AFAIK, Guarani isn't an official language here in Brazil. Actually, it's not
widely spoken here, but it's one of the languages native indians in regions
of Brazil, Paraguay and other countries in South America shared. In Paraguay
it seems it's really spoken by a great part of the population (please
correct me if I said any BS).

If the language in Paraguay and Brazil are as different as Portuguese is in
Brazil and Portugal, I suggest the used code is gn_BR. But if they're the
same (or can be considered the same for this purpose) it'd be better unify
them in just one gn code.

So, I think the most important question is: Is Guarani spoken in Brazil and
Paraguay the same (or can be considered so)?

> You've guys explained quite a lot of other things, thanks a lot for
> being so supportive to our newcomers! :)

Once someone acted that way with me. I'm just paying back to someone else.

Hope (it) helps.

Raphael Higino