Re: Requesting approval for applying patch (gnome-keyring string change)

Hi guys,

I've decided to stop spamming r-t and gnome-doc-list with this.

Today at 16:28, Claudio Saavedra wrote:

> It would be very sad to see this bug in a shiped desktop knowing that it
> could have been solved.

Let me play your part in this drama:

It would be very sad to see untranslated labels in a shipped desktop
knowing that it could have been stopped.

It's not about "only two strings", it's about 100 modules x "only two
strings" x 50 language translations.  And it's about being predictable
("ok, I need to translate this, I have time today, lets finish it,
it's a string freeze so it can't change").

Do we have to explain why is there a string-freeze over and over again?
The easiest indication that something is not important enough is that
it was present in our previous release cycle as well, and that it had
a bug reported on it in Bugzilla long before string freeze started.
This was not my call, it was the call of maintainers and users!

I understand your frustration, but that's why Gnome is on a 6-month
release cycle.  Look, it will be fixed in the release slated for
September, 2006: that's only 7 months from today (what other software
this complicated can you plan that much ahead for?).

Cheers,
Danilo