Re: New workgroup in Brazil - traduction to Guarani lenguage

On 16/02/2006, at 4:45 AM, Boca wrote:

We're from FlorianÃpolis - South of Brazil and are starting a workgroup to
translate Gnome to another one of the 200 brazilian lenguages: the
Guarani.<snip>

Coordinator: Moreno Saraiva Martins
Email: colorido riseup net

Other contact: Matheus da Silveira Grandi
Email: boca riseup net

Tapeguahà porÃite Moreno, Matheus ! (Welcome!)

I can only find this Guarani expression for Paraguay, so I hope that's correct. I know there is dialectic variation, even inside Paraguary, so it's likely there are some differences in Brazil. Sorry if I got it wrong.

Moreno, Matheus, it's great to have your language in the Gnome Translation Project, and I'm sure the huge number of people using and wanting to use computers in Brazil, especially those who speak your language, must feel happy about it too. :)

Within this translation project (and many others), your workgroup is called a "language team", "the Guarani language team".

We look forward to seeing your files appear in CVS. You need to get a CVS account, but all of this is explained in the Gnome Translation Project online information:

Gnome Translation Project (GTP): http://developer.gnome.org/projects/ gtp/

Links you need to read first, from the above page:

*** Joining *** (how to join the GTP): http://developer.gnome.org/ projects/gtp/join.html

*** Resources *** (for us translators!): http://developer.gnome.org/ projects/gtp/resources.html

The Guarani language team will soon appear on the *** Teams *** page, and once you can commit files via CVS, you files will start to show up in your section of the *** Status *** pages (often called "the status pages", or "the l10n status pages").

Christian (GTP co-ordinator, I think) knows a lot more than I do, so he will probably give you some more information when he replies to your mail.

Since you and I are both in the Southern hemisphere, I thought I'd answer it earlier and give you some information to start with. ;)

Good luck!

from Clytie (in Australia) (vi-VN, Vietnamese free-software translation team / nhÃm Viát hÃa phán mám tá do)