Re: Georgian (ka) GNOME Localisation Project - Nothing done since 2004

Hi Dear GNOMErs!

As GNOME and Free Software fan, I will not collaborate with a person who
works on Windows XP localisation, it's against my informatic-ethic, I'm
totally  agree with George Machitidze from gia.ge. So from this moment
I have nothing to say.

I hope thing will change.

God Bless You All!

Vladimer (Alinux) Sichinava
Greets,

As I have informed you on this list earlier, we have succesfully
finished the first stage of localization, which consisted of glossary
creation. As we have had very few products localized in Georgian
language yet, working up a suitable Georgian glossary was not an easy
step to undetake. I had to create an online tool and invite all the IT
experts, linguists and GNOME users to participate in the creation and
discussion of Georgian terms. The tool offered all the registered
memebrs to offer their translations as well as discuss existing ones.

As i am informed and as far as i know, you haven´t done nothing all this time, what are you talking about?? You dont haven't made glossary, everything you have is opensource glossary from our project in the ministry of education, glossary from http://www.gia.ge , and your project of micro$oft windows (it has share about %10, not more). It means that nothing is done... even 1st stage...

Also duplication problems were predefined, we all were assured about that - vladimir has contacted me and we were talking about this problem too. We had no other choice - we had to work effectively and right, so we (they) have merged translations of parallel projects and e.t.c. everythings done. We are waiting for your servers @gia.ge. After that we (georgians) will work with full throttle... We use rosetta, while we dont have (at this moment) other online translation tools...

This would ease the integration of the translated modules into the
GNOME CVS, as well as avoid dublicate, mutiple translations and a
waste of valuable time and efforts.
What about time that you have wasted? What are you doing now?

Vladimer, your allegations about my choice of software are wrong: I
tried GNOME first at the end of 1998. This is the time when the
version was (I think) 1 and when Trolltech changed its licensing terms
with open source compliant version to compete. I have been supporting
GNOME project and used almost every version that has been released
since. Probably the funniest GNOME release I remember was 1.1 or 1.2
that came with RedHat 4 or 5 in 1999 :) That was great time :P I
have also used Linux as early as 1995 and currently have at least 7
distributions installed on my Macs and PCs home and in the office.
Im using linux since 2004! What then? Trolltech? i think they are working under Qt for KDE. We have made our own distribution for schools in georgia, and what? It means nothing.

Even KDE is now 90% translated but not submitted by us, its because we are waiting for you to correct translations, but i dont think that you can handle this.

You have created you own alternative translation site for Firefox.. Why??? Its officially already done on GIA by Gia Shervashidze, and now he is going to FOSDEM to Mozilla. You knew that and you were making your own translation site. Same situation is with Opera browser... You are flagging projects.

Ok, forget about it... Why are we here? We need your help friends as alinux already said:
so please help us improve....
(quote from first message)

BR, George Machitidze aka GioMac
Geogian Internet Alliance