Re: Translating plural forms with different c-formats

Hi Abel,

On 8/28/06, Abel Cheung <abelcheung gmail com> wrote:
On 8/27/06, Theppitak Karoonboonyanan <thep linux thai net> wrote:
> My language has no plural form. And I recently got some
> complaint that having more than one msgstr[] while
> declaring nplurals=1 blocks the build due to  gettext error.
> So, I try to examine if there are other such errors left in
> any other packages.

I'm afraid you are using gettext >= 0.15, as it is more strict in
checking plural form and mark inconsistent Plural-Forms and
actually translation as error. gettext < 0.15 just ignore it and
wouldn't complain.

It's not me who find the complaints. It's just from others.

For the real fix, you can remove any entry containing
msgstr[1], leaving only msgstr[0].

Yes, I know that, as I said I had tried to do so to all PO's
under my maintenance. However, my question is for certain
cases where c-format string with plural form is shared
with some non-c-format. And there is actually _no_way_
to cover both with a single msgstr[0] entry without messing
one of the two. Please read my first post for the details.

-Thep.
--
Theppitak Karoonboonyanan
http://linux.thai.net/~thep/