Democracy Localization

Hi there gnome translation team.

I'm curious whether the gnome translation project provides
localization for other apps.  In particular I now work for the
Participatory Culture Foundation and we're planning to use gettext to
internationalize both the app democracy player and the website
getdemocracy.com.  We're still working out exactly how this will work,
but I decided to do research about finding translators.

We have people who would be willing to translate, but many of them
don't have experience with gettext and many of them are on Windows or
OSX.  Are there any good tools for translating gettext files on either
of these OSes?  Are there any good web based tools for translating
gettext files?

Is the gnome translation project willing to take on the translation of
a relatively small cross platform app like Democracy?  How about our
website?  Do you all have experience translating websites and have any
suggestions?

I know these are a lot of questions, but I'm mostly looking for
information right now.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks much,
     Chris Lahey