Re: gtk+ non-update

--- Clytie Siddall <clytie riverland net au> wrote:
[...]
> I don't understand why some modules don't follow the standard HEAD
> and gnome-VERSION branches, and in this case it may even have caused
> dysfunction. Please, developers, when you branch, stick to the
> standard format. It helps us, since we don't have to try and remember
> all these odd branches, and thus it helps you, because we get our
> translations committed in the right place.
[...]

To answer part of your question, there is usually a good reason that
some packages have a different numbering scheme, usually because they
are also used independently of GNOME. I also found remembering unusual
branch names a problem, till I realised that one could get the
appropriate branch name from l10n-status.gnome.org, for the particular
version of GNOME to which the commits are to be made. Maybe this fact
needs to go into the GNOME translator's HOW-TO.

Regards,
Gora