Re: Enabling support a language seems wrong

Hi Emmanuel,

On September 11th, Emmanuel Rodriguez wrote:

> It seems that when the GNOME session is started that the file
> ~/.profile is not read. I am currently using GNOME 2.12.0, my shell is
> tcsh and my linux distribution is Ubuntu Breezy.

No, it's read when you log in (with tcsh, it should probably be
~/.login).  If you are using GDM, you should have an option to choose
the language in the Log In screen.

If not, it's entirely system-dependent which files will be read in by
the login procedure, and I am not sure there is a way to know that in
advance.

Can you suggest any alternative wording (preferably with a patch :)
for the page?

Cheers,
Danilo