Re: yelp not picking ne locale from omf file

I'm CCing gnome-i18n.  Translators, there's a special
message to you at the bottom.

On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 21:57 +0545, Pawan Chitrakar wrote:
> i have copied user-guide-C.omf file to user-guide-ne.omf file and
> changed the location  of docbook file and language code to ne then i
> updated scrollkeeper but it doesnot shows nepali help .
>
> so what could be the problem. and do i have to configure some other
> file so that yelp will pick the translated files of nepali language

It looks like ScrollKeeper is refusing to recognize Nepali,
probably because ScrollKeeper itself doesn't have Nepali
translations.  Why it can't return Nepali documents without
Nepali translations of category codes is beyond me.

So I suspect you're going to have to provide translations
for ScrollKeeper before you can get any further with your
translated documentation.  (And, by the way, thanks for
doing what you're doing.  Our documentation has gotten
precious little translation love in the past.)

ScrollKeeper is hosted on SourceForge.  I haven't seen
any of the maintainers around in a long while, and the
ChangeLog shows no updates in the last seven months.
But hopefully we'll find a way to get Nepali support
in and get a release made.

Here's instructions on how to grab it from CVS:

http://scrollkeeper.sourceforge.net/cvs.shtml

It should be intltool-ified, so adding your translation
should be the same as for any Gnome project.  I've just
sent an email to the ScrollKeeper developers asking how
best to add translations.

TRANSLATORS:
Without a ScrollKeeper translation, documents translated
to your language will, apparently, not be picked up by
ScrollKeeper, and thus will not be displayed in Yelp.
Please make sure you've translated ScrollKeeper.

--
Shaun