Re: POTs of Evolution* doesn't build for gnome 2.12?

On Sat, 2005-05-28 at 20:46 +0800, Abel Cheung wrote:
> On 5/28/05, Rhys Jones <rhys sucs org> wrote:
> > Is this related maybe to the problem I reported earlier?
> > http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2005-May/msg00119.html
> >
> > (Thanks to all who responded in that thread. The suggested fix
> > didn't work, but I added a report to bugzilla, id #305623.)
>
> Definitely. The fix didn't work because not only 1 file name is broken,
> but 2 instead. I'm losing patience on this one, so I go ahead and fixed
> more serious problems. It is very interesting to think why it is
> buildable without POTFILES.* fixes.

I think it's buildable becacuse nowadays many GNOME packages are not
creating the .pot file on build time and thus are not updating .po
files, so if there is a problem with the POTFILES.* files the maintainer
does not see it. I suppose evolution is one of those packages...

> About bug report, perhaps you want to modify title a little bit or even
> close it, because more serious issues should be resolved.
>
> OTOH, there are lots of missing files not added to POTFILES.in, but I
> don't have time to check carefully which is important
> and which is not, so not handling them yet. Everybody, don't dump
> fuzzy strings so soon, just in case somebody is willing to look
> deeper.
>
> Abel

Cheers.