Re: still can't commit

Thankyou very much for your response, Adam. :)

On 06/05/2005, at 1:56 PM, Adam Weinberger wrote:

First of all, the file-roller behaviour you're experiencing with regards to the status page may be due to the fact that ar.po was committed with errors (let this be a reminder to everybody to ALWAYS run msgfmt *BEFORE* committing). The status pages generator may be choking on ar.po and not generating updated stats. (p.s. maintainer of ar.po, please fix your broken translation file!)

Yes, that certainly wouldn't help: being towards the end of the alphabet, we'll probably be affected by any of those errors in other files, if they occur. :(

As far as making commits goes, I can commit to vi.po just fine. If you want to see this for yourself, try:

$ cvs co file-roller
$ cd file-roller/po
$ intltool-update vi.po
$ cvs commit

I couldn't get intltool installed, it errored out, and people here said I really didn't need it, so I gave up with relief. Enough new things to do as it is.

That should update the timestamp within vi.po, and cvs(1) should recognize the diff. Your translation file *is* up-to-date, with no fuzzy/untranslated strings. What the log above does not show is you making any changes to vi.po itself, so running cvs commit wouldn't offer to commit anything to it.

I've quite often manually changed the revision date in that file: is that what you mean? Would that make the cvs records update, make cvs update that file?

The thing is, I mostly can't commit completed files: file-roller is just one example. The files I've completed and checked until I'm going cross-eyed, and then committed, (from the page I quoted), are:

gnome-2-10
gal
gmd2
gnome-applets
gnome-applets-locations
gnome-control-center
gnome-doc-utils
gnome-games
and I've just committed (I hope) gnome-media

HEAD
gconf-editor
ggv
gnome-icon-theme

I have occasionally succeeded in committing something, but mostly I don't. :(

from Clytie (vi-VN, team/nhÃm Gnome-vi)

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

á thÃnh phá Renmark, tái mián sÃng cáa Nam Ãc