Re: still can't commit

Clytie Siddall wrote:
Hi again :)

I still can't get most files to update when committed.

For example, this page:

http://l10n-status.gnome.org/gnome-2.10/vi/desktop/index.html

shows the file file-roller as incomplete: 190 complete strings, 51 fuzzy and 29 empty.

I completed this file some time ago, and keep trying to submit it.

Today, I tried checking it out to another directory, as advised by my team leader:

Pearl:~/gnome clytie$ cvs -z3 -d :ext:clyties cvs gnome org:/cvs/gnome co -r gnome-2-10 file-roller/po
cvs server: Updating file-roller/po
<snip>
U file-roller/po/uk.po
U file-roller/po/vi.po
U file-roller/po/xh.po
U file-roller/po/zh_CN.po
U file-roller/po/zh_TW.po

Then I compared the file from cvs and my file on my hard disk: they were identical. Absolutely _no_ fuzzy or incomplete strings.

However, I kept trying:

Pearl:~/gnome clytie$ cd file-roller/po
Pearl:~/gnome/file-roller/po clytie$ vi ChangeLog
Pearl:~/gnome/file-roller/po clytie$ cvs commit
cvs commit: Examining .
Checking in ChangeLog;
/cvs/gnome/file-roller/po/ChangeLog,v  <--  ChangeLog
new revision: 1.601.2.6; previous revision: 1.601.2.5
done
Pearl:~/gnome/file-roller/po clytie$

and it updated nothing.

Please, what am I doing wrong? Christian ran intltool-update vi over the files that wouldn't commit, on the 29th May, and, still using this example file:

file-roller        HEAD        179 / 52 / 28    Clytie Siddall
                gnome-2-10    229 / 34 / 7    Trinh Minh Thanh

I don't submit incomplete files, I would get too confused. I submitted that dratted file in msgfmt-perfect form ages ago, but it just won't update.

Any help you can offer would be very gratefully received.

I am starting to feel very discouraged. :((

from Clytie (vi-VN, team/nhÃm Gnome-vi)

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

á thÃnh phá Renmark, tái mián sÃng cáa Nam Ãc

First of all, the file-roller behaviour you're experiencing with regards to the status page may be due to the fact that ar.po was committed with errors (let this be a reminder to everybody to ALWAYS run msgfmt *BEFORE* committing). The status pages generator may be choking on ar.po and not generating updated stats. (p.s. maintainer of ar.po, please fix your broken translation file!)

As far as making commits goes, I can commit to vi.po just fine. If you want to see this for yourself, try:

$ cvs co file-roller
$ cd file-roller/po
$ intltool-update vi.po
$ cvs commit

That should update the timestamp within vi.po, and cvs(1) should recognize the diff. Your translation file *is* up-to-date, with no fuzzy/untranslated strings. What the log above does not show is you making any changes to vi.po itself, so running cvs commit wouldn't offer to commit anything to it.

# Adam

--

Adam Weinberger
adamw magnesium net || adamw FreeBSD org