commit problems and currency

Hi everbody :)

My team-leader, may he never lose data, has solved my problem. Apparently, the files I have been checking out from cvs are _not_ the most current files.

For example, the file-roller file I have been obsessively re-checking and re-submitting:

gnome/cvs/gnome-2-10/file-roller/po

has a date of 2003 and does not show the many modifications shown by the file-roller file I can download from my l10n page (which has a 2005 date).

There have been a lot of changes: no wonder this file kept showing up with fuzzies and empty strings! And I was still trying to get the outdated version committed...

I am still puzzled as to why we use cvs if it isn't about getting and maintaining the current version, but at last I have a fix: don't check out the file from cvs, get it from the l10n page, then commit it via cvs, if necessary checking out the old file and replacing it.

Boy, is it a relief finding out what was wrong! I was starting to think I was past anything requiring detail. :(

Not yet. :)

Thankyou very much to those kind people who tried to help me in this group: I would have given up long ago but for your encouragement. :)

from Clytie (vi-VN, team/nhÃm Gnome-vi)

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

á thÃnh phá Renmark, tái mián sÃng cáa Nam Ãc