Re: gweather Locations.xml in GNOME 2.10, does it work for you?

Hi folks,

> I just installed Ubuntu Hoary preview and had a look at the translation
> work.
> I noticed that there might be a back in gweather, and specifically in
> the translations that come from Locations.xml (names of
> cities/locations/airports).
>
> It appears that the country names are shown properly (if they have been
> translated). However, all other names (locations, cities) are shown in
> English, as if the XML file is not further parsed.
>
> Could someone else verify ("me too" or "works for me") that the
> city/location/airport names are shown in the local language?

I've run GNOME 2.10 LiveCD (AFAIR it's Ubuntu Hoary, right?) a couple of
times and noticed the same. I've even made sure LANG=pt_BR. So, my answer is
"me too" ;-). As I didn't know what packages the LiveCD was built from
(either pre1, or RC1, or even 2.10.0), I didn't feel like rising an issue.

I'm not completely sure about the country names, but I'm really sure none of
the location names showed up in Portuguese.

Regards.

Raphael Higino