Re: How to show the same program with two different language sets?

LANG is fallback and LC_ALL (or LC_MESSAGES) should be better, I guess.

- Satoru SATOH

Simos Xenitellis wrote:
(snip)
The same procedure works with some other software (gqView, Xmms, The GIMP) and I can compare the appearance of every string both in english and in italian. Are Gnome applications (like Yelp) getting their language environment elsewehere?

What am I doing wrong? Any hint?

What distro?
Some distros (namely Ubuntu Linux) set the LANGUAGE variable that takes precedence over LANG.
Therefore, change LANGUAGE between "it" and "en".